Looking for an authentic spaghetti carbonara recipe? Follow our step-by-step guide to make the classic Italian dish that's perfect for any occasion. With simple ingredients like spaghetti, pancetta or guanciale, eggs, Pecorino Romano cheese, salt, and black pepper, you can create a delicious and creamy carbonara pasta that's sure to impress. Try our recipe today and enjoy a taste of Italy right in your own kitchen!
Here's the classic Italian recipe for Carbonara:
- 400g spaghetti;
- 200g pancetta or guanciale;
- 4 eggs;
- 100g grated Pecorino Romano cheese;
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Begin by cooking the spaghetti in salted water until it reaches the right al dente consistency.
- Meanwhile, cut the pancetta or guanciale into small cubes and cook it in a pan over medium-high heat until it becomes crispy.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs together with the grated Pecorino Romano cheese and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving a bit of the cooking water.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan with the pancetta or guanciale and mix well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly pour the egg and cheese mixture over the spaghetti, stirring quickly to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- Add a bit of the reserved cooking water if necessary to create a creamy consistency.
- Serve your hot Carbonara pasta with a sprinkling of grated Pecorino Romano cheese and a grind of fresh black pepper.
Enjoy your carbonara!