Tubetti with Trapanese Pesto and fried eggplants
- 1 cup (200 grams) of Rummo Tubetti
- 3 tablespoons of Zucchi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small piece of eggplant cut in small cubes
- 1/2 Campo D’Oro Trapanese Pesto sauce
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water; bring to a boil. Add a couple tablespoons salt and the Tubetti pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- In the meantime heat 3 tablespoons evoo in a large skillet over low-medium heat then add the eggplant and a sprinkle of salt and cook for about 15 minutes until golden.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it and add it to the pan with the eggplant cubes and then add the trapanese pesto which doesn’t need to be cooked.
- Mix all together and serve!
- Arianna Scutiero