Ermes Rice with Zucchini Cream
- 1 cup (200 grams) of Tenuta Margherita Ermes Rice
- BioOrto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 zucchini
- 1 onion
- Sea Salt
- Pour water and rice into a pot (the water must exceed rice by at least 3 fingers). Add a little bit of salt, and bring to a boil. Cook covered for about 35 minutes.
- In the mean time cut 4 zucchini(leave 1 for later) and the onion in big pieces and let them cook in hot water for about 20minutes with a pinch of sea salt.
- When they soften enough add them in the blender along with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and a little bit of the water.
- Blend for no more than 2-3 minutes, until a fairly thick, smooth purée has been achieved.
- Cut the last zucchini in small cubes and brown them in a pan with 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- When the rice is ready, mix it with the zucchini cream and top it with the fried zucchini cubes!
- Arianna Scutiero