Venere Rice with Leek Purée
- 1 cup (200 grams) of Tenuta Margherita Venere Rice
- 2 tablespoons of Redoro Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 big leek
- 10 small cute pieces of guanciale
- Sea Salt
- Pour water and rice into a pot (the water must exceed rice by at least 3 fingers). Add a little bit of salt, and bring to a boil. Cook covered for about 45 minutes.
- In the mean time cook let the leek cook in salted hot water for about 15 minutes then it to a blender along with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Blend for no more than 2-3 minutes, until a fairly thick, smooth purée has been achieved.
- In a pan, cook the small guanciale pieces let them cook until crunchy.
- Place the leek purée in the dishes and top it with the rice and guanciale!
- Arianna Scutiero