Stuffed Shells with Meat Sauce
- 10 Pasta Shells by Pasta Cuomo Conchiglioni
- 4 tablespoons of Redoro Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 glass red wine
- 3/4 Agromonte Cherry Tomato Passata
- 1 1/2 cups ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1 sausage
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano
- Sea salt & fresh grounded pepper
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water; bring to a boil. Add a couple tablespoons salt and the pasta shells and cook for about half the time suggested in the package.
- Heat 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and carrot and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Now add the ground beef and the sausage (remove the skin from the sausage and mix it with the ground beef) with a pinch of salt and ground pepper and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the red wine and let the meat cook for other 10 minutes.
- Last add the cherry tomato sauce and some basil and let cook covered for about 30minutes.
- In the meantime, when the pasta is half cooked, drain it and let it cool off for a few minutes.
- When the meat sauce is ready and thick enough, stuff the shells with it and place them in a oven casserole.
- Top them with the grated parmigiano and bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 15 more minutes!
- Sprinkle with some extra virgin olive oil and enjoy!
- Arianna Scutiero