- 3 slices of while bread
- 3 tablespoons of Zucchi Evoo
- 1 can of As Do Mar tuna
- 1 egg
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Bead crumbs for coating
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients for the tuna mixture.
- First soak the white bread in some milk (or water) and then squeeze it very very well and place it in the bowl.
- Add the tuna, the egg, the extra virgin olive oil and then sprinkle some parsley, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Mix everything until combined (Italian like to use their hand for mixing fish/meatballs!).
- Shape the mixture into small/medium sized balls (if not firm enough for you, you can add some breadcrumbs).
- Roll every ball you make into a plate with the bread crumbs.
- In a pan over medium heat, add oil 1 inch from the bottom. When the oil is hot enough, drop tuna balls. Make sure you don’t overcrowd the pan. Fry the tuna balls for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the fried tuna balls on a stack of paper towels or on a strainer to drain excess oil.
WATCH THE VIDEO RECIPE HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X16hVqpBzS8
- Arianna Scutiero