Chocolate Crumble Pie
Chocolate crumble pie, an easy recipe to prepare at home! If you want it lighter we suggest to use extra virgin olive oil instead of butter and substituting sugar with natural honey as we did. The taste will be amazing and you will feel less guilty!
Discover all our Italian recipes and follow our YouTube channel.
- 2 Eggs
- Half glass of Dr.Pescia Honey
- Half glass of Zucchi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Yeast
- 12oz Molino Verrini Flour
- 1 glass of Milk (any)
- 3.5oz Sugar (or Honey)
- 7/8oz Venchi Chocolate
- 2 Eggs yolks
- Break the 2 eggs in a big bowl then add the honey and mix.
- Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the Yeast with a sieve and keep mixing.
- Last, add the flour and mix little by little until it starts becoming thicker which means its time to use your hands.
- Mix the dough with your hands until it becomes smooth then roll it out with a rolling pin and place it in a round baking tray.
- Prepare the Chocolate cream by adding a glass of milk and some sugar in a pot.
- Let it cook at low heat until it warms up then add the chocolate and let it melt.
- When the chocolate has melted, let it rest in a plate for about 15 minutes until it cools down then add the 2 eggs yolks and mix.
- Pour the Chocolate mixture into the baking tray (on top of the dough) and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, crumble the leftover dough into small round pieces.
- Place the crumbles on top of the pie when its halfway cooked!
WATCH THE VIDEO RECIPE HERE
- Arianna Scutiero