Half sized Rigatoni Pasta with Guanciale, Cheese & Pistacchio
- 1 cup (200 grams) of Rummo Mezzi Rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon of Zucchi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz. thinly sliced Guanciale
- 1/2 cup of your favourite cream cheese
- Some crushed Pistachios
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water; bring to a boil. Add a couple tablespoons salt and the Mezzi Rigatoni pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet let the guanciale brown for about 10 minutes until it becomes crispy, then turn off the heat and add the cheese with a sprinkle of salt, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and 1/3 cup of cooking pasta water. Mix.
- When the pasta is ready, add it to the pan and mix together turning the heat on for a few minutes at low.
- Serve topping the pasta with some crushed pistachio and a sprinkle of black pepper!
- Arianna Scutiero