Treccioni with Spicy Meat Sauce
- 1 cup(200 grams) of Pasta Cuomo Treccioni
- 4 tablespoons of Redoro Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 glass red wine
- Agromonte Cherry Tomato Passata with hot pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1 sausage
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano
- Sea salt & fresh grounded pepper
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water; bring to a boil. Add a couple tablespoons salt and the Treccioni pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- Heat 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and finely chopped carrot and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Now add the ground beef and the sausage (remove the skin from the sausage and mix it with the ground beef) with a pinch of salt and ground pepper and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the red wine and let the meat cook for other 10 minutes.
- Last add the cherry tomato sauce and some basil and let cook covered for about 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it, mix it with the sauce and enjoy.
- Don’t forget to sprinkle with some fresh Parmigiano cheese!
- Arianna Scutiero