- 1 cup (200 grams) of Pasta Cuomo Treccioni
- 2 tablespoons Zucchi Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 small/medium sized artichokes cut in stripes
- 4 oz. thinly sliced Guanciale cut in cubes
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water; bring to a boil. Add a couple tablespoons salt and the Treccioni pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet let the guanciale brown for about 7 minutes until it becomes crispy, then set apart.
- In the same pan heat the extra virgin olive oil for about 1 minute with the chopped garlic.
- Then add the cleaned and cut artichokes with a pinch of salt and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Use a blender to create a cream with half of the cooked artichokes(help it become creamier adding some pasta cooking water when blending) then mix it with the other half for more texture.
- Last add the previously cooked guanciale.
- When the pasta is ready, add it to the pan and mix sprinkling some black pepper!