Pasta alla CARBONARA
INGREDIENTS for 2 people
- About 200gr of Eliche pasta by Pasta Cuomo
- 3 fresh eggs
- Some guanciale
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- Fresh grounded pepper
- Cut the guanciale into small pieces then simmer in a frying pan over medium heat. No need for olive oil: guanciale is already fat and greasy! When ready and crunchy, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Prepare the eggs-pecorino sauce. Whisk the Pecorino Romano (which is very salty and tasty so there’s no need to add salt to this recipe) with the eggs and a little bit of ground black pepper. Stir quickly with a fork – or a hand whisk – until you get a creamy sauce.
- Meanwhile cook the Eliche pasta (or whichever pasta you prefer - spaghetti is usually the go to!) in boiling salted water (following the cooking time on pasta bag).
- Drain the pasta when its ready and put it in the frying pan, over high heat, to season it properly with the fat of the guanciale.
- At this point, turn off the heat and quickly add the egg-pecorino cream you prepared and stir! The pan is warm but not hot so that the eggs will cook without lump.
- Add any left guanciale, ground black pepper and grated pecorino cheese to taste! And remember... this pasta should be served immediately! ENJOY!
WATCH THE VIDEO RECIPE HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyIgLEWGM7M
- Arianna Scutiero