Penne Pasta with Peas, Guanciale & Cream
- 1 cup (200 grams) of Pasta Cuomo Penne Rigate
- 2 tablespoons of Agricola Piano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz. thinly sliced guanciale
- 1 cup of small peas
- Half glass of heavy cream
- Sea salt & fresh grounded pepper
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water; bring to a boil. Add a couple tablespoons salt and the Penne pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add the guanciale and let it brown then add the peas and cook for about 15minutes.
- Add the cream and a pinch of sea salt. Wait for the cream to thicken the add the cooked pasta
- Stir everything together and serve, grinding pepper over the pasta.
- Arianna Scutiero