Paccheri with Red Onion puree & Guanciale
- 1 cup (200 grams) of Smooth Paccheri
- 3 tablespoons of Redoro Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red onion
- 4 oz. guanciale cut in cubes
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water; bring to a boil. Add a couple tablespoons salt and the Paccheri pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- Heat 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat then add the chopped onion and half glass of water and cook covered for about 20 minutes at law heat, until the onion completely soften.
- In the mean time cook the small guanciale pieces in a pan until crunchy.
- When the onion is cooked pout into a blender along with a sprinkle of salt and some fresh grounded pepper and blend for a bunch of seconds, until a fairly thick, smooth purée has been achieved.
- When the pasta is ready, mix it with the red onion puree and top to with the crispy guanciale!
- Arianna Scutiero