TORTIGLIONI (or RIGATONI) alla Gricia with Artichokes
INGREDIENTS for 2 people
- About 200gr of Tortiglioni pasta by E'Viva
- 1 Artichoke
- Lots of Pecorino cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Redoro
- Cut the guanciale in cubes (about a hand full) and let it brown in a pan until it leaves all its fat.
- In a separate pan sauté the chopped artichoke with a couple spoons of extra virgin olive oil and some of the fat from the guanciale.
- In the meantime boil the water for the pasta with some salt and add a couple spoon of the boiling water to the artichokes.
- When the pasta is ready (follow the cooking time on the pasta box) drain it, add it to the artichokes and add the grated pecorino cheese with some more cooking water to let the cheese melt and create a creamy sauce.
- Stir well and turn off the heat. Add the guanciale before serving and enjoy!
- Arianna Scutiero